If you don’t already listen to Cabin Pressure, there’s still time! Tonight, on Radio 4, 6.30pm.
Reason you should listen are outlined here:
- It’s hilarious. I cannot stress how funny it it.
- John Finnemore, who writes it and plays Arthur, also appears in Miranda, wrote for Mitchell and Webb and was part of the Cambridge Footlights, is one of the funniest people in the business. His Souvenir Programme, a sketch show, is also great!
- If you like Les Miserables, the original Javert (Roger Allam) is in it.
- If you like Sherlock or… well, many other things, Benedict Cumberbatch is in it.
- You learn a lot about places you never even knew existed (e.g. Qikiqtarjuaq, Ottery St. Mary).
- You pick up a few interesting games (The Travelling Lemon, Flight-Deck Buckaroo).
- It is highly quotable.
- With respect to no. 7, I don’t know anyone that quotes it like I do so it would be nice to have someone at least know why polar bears are funny.
- Did I mention it’s hilarious?
Episode 3, series 4, tonight at 6.30pm on Radio 4. Enjoy!